Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

What Happened in Week 1 ...

It is the first week of Semester 3. Things are moving slow and friends are getting updated with each other's latest information. However this is not gets my attention, but new things that many students have in their hands. With a new year, many students are buying new handphones for themselves. I saw Nokia N8 , Nokia C6-01 , two iPhone 4s , Blackberry don't know what , etc. The two iPhone 4s is from two of my friend, Jack and Co Co. With his new toys, we have been  really into some addictive games trying to break each other's record, games like Ninjump which is both available for Android and iOS. By the way , for those gang of people who is reading this, I have a new high score which is 8929, try and beat it will you ? ^^

Lectures aren't that boring as last semester as I managed to keep my eyes opened throughout the whole lecture but with more difficult subjects this semester, the pressure is present. For my case, Mathematics for Engineering II is where I weak in, from my point of view as it requires knowledge of Mathematics for Engineering I which I didn't do that well. All and all, the rest is quite okay for me, still coping in, doing pre-vision before class and revision after class, trying to get a head start.

Yesterday (Thursday), is Thaipusam and of course it is a holiday so there is no class. I planned to stay at home to study but in the end my housemate and I decided to go to IKEA to get some thing for this Chinese New Year. I planned to get myself a book selves or something similar as my space is running out with my small selves and Wallace was looking for a table lamp for a long time now after he destroyed his previous one. My budget was set, within RM100. It is my first visit to IKEA ever since I got here last year. When we reached there, we have no idea where the entrance to the main store is. Wondering around with a trolley looking for an entrance, we decided to go into it through the exit which is the cashier counter. The scene was quite embarrassing , haha ~ We got in at last, looking around for furniture that we may like, this is when another problem surface, all the furniture is in boxes, lots of lots of boxes and we have no idea the appearance, texture of the furniture. How are we going to decide then ? Looking on people who pass by, all of them have a list on their hands and this is when we know that we have to get that list first. Leaving the trolley there we went out the cashier counter which we came in and goes up another floor to the showroom. The showroom as you can read is a room which show. In IKEA's showroom, it showcase all of its products, section by section. Some small things like small carpet, is to be collected directly from there. Other things which are huge in size will be collected downstairs which is where we came from. Walking through the lengthy showroom took us almost 2 hours. It was fun, looking at the displayed set, I can get the idea of what to get before heading to the main market and 2 hours passed by without notice.

 So in the end, this is what i got for myself, a white metal selves - RM 69, a white metal dustbin - RM 19.90 , a white plastic wall clock - RM 3.30 (this is too cheap!) , a standing lamp - RM 39.90, a red blanket - RM 19.90 and a black hanging thingy - RM 9.90 . And this is how I arranged it in my room. I used the top selves to place my CDs and fake Blu-rays (Lol). Going down the second selves, I used it to place my keys , wallet , my mobile phones and my perfume. I hang the hanging thingy from the second selves on the third selves as you can see in the picture on the right which I placed my printing A4 paper on it and iPad on it. Ring files are also placed on this selves. On the last selves, I placed my text book with some files. The wall clock is currently un-powered as I have yet get the AAA battery for it. The standing lamp is on timer to on and off so that I know that it is time to wake up/ depart , dinner time/ sleep time. The white metal dustin will only accommodate paper waste. All of these are place on the red blanket which match the white colour as well as coming Chinese New Year.

Please do leave some comment on the furniture. ^^

3 comments:

  1. what the eff... you spent 3bucks to buy a wall clock but used 20bucks to buy a dustbin??????

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup ... i do like the metal dustbin a lot ... have been searching for it a while now . I saw one long time ago , cost 30 MYR. As for the clock , i don't see through that i need to spent that much , after all , the clock is not bad...

    ReplyDelete
  3. the lamp looks nice, but seem too big in size compare to the shelve. quite dim for the light, just for decoration?

    PS: ninjump score beated. a game to burn free time. tagged you in facebook.

    ReplyDelete